Sunday, August 13, 2006

GROCERY SHOPPING

.
Kirjoitan yleensä blogientryn englanniksi sunnuntaisin. I usually post in English on Sundays. Back to the Finnish language tomorrow.



We bought a 5 kg sack of Basmati rice. The owner of the Oriental Shop recommended it. He says it's the best rice and who are we to argue with a Persian or a shopkeeper? He knows more about rice than we do.

Economical to buy in bulk, and it pays to mention the Persian word "takhfiff" to get an additional discount. It means discount, but mind you, you have to know how to pronounce it correctly. There's no telling what may happen if you use a wrong word.




The shopping centre was busy as usual. I tried and tried taking a picture of the shop without any people, but that was next to impossible, so sorry, Mister, you're in my picture, like it or not. Don't know how it is in other countries, but lately I've learnt that it's forbidden to take pictures in Finnish shops. All of you bloggers out there, a word to the wise; ask first. I got nearly arrested in our local supermarket the other day, when I took a picture of a product to send to my Dad. Fortunately the shop assistant accepted my explanation.

Plenty of exciting bags on the shelves. Cashew nuts, dried fruit, wasabi, chili-flavoured this and that and whatnot... What an adventure.



.

3 comments:

  1. Can I ciomment on English entries??

    Mainly wanted to say - nice to see some orientality in your blog - will it be Farsee and Persian lessons next winter??

    KUTGW etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tone

    How delightful! You can comment on any entries you like :) Quelle surprise to find out about the Morrisers' pages like this.

    Farsi is the same as Persian, isn't it? Yes, I hope to teach it one day.

    Took me a while to figure out KUTGW... Keep up the good work, you too! And don't be a stranger. Mi blog es tu blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:42 am

    best regards, nice info
    » » »

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos ihanista kommenteistanne. 🖤 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Pyrin vastaamaan kaikkiin ja käymään vastavierailuilla. Iltaisin en ole paikalla, mutta aamulla sitten taas.