
It was so hot yesterday that it was hard to do anything physical. We went for a walk in the morning before the heat, but in the afternoon I decided the best thing to do was to catch up with my reading. I finished If You Meet the Buddha on the Road Kill Him! by Sheldon B. Kopp, an American psychotherapist and a guru, whose message is that an adult doesn’t need gurus. When a therapist and his client embark on a journey towards self-discovery, it is a pilgrimage for both of them.
I’m also reading Awareness by Anthony de Mello, another guru. His message is that most people are asleep in their own comfort zone and need to be waken up. The trouble is that they don’t want to be woken up.
A third book along those lines, which I’m reading, is Life Strategies by Phillip C. McGraw, Ph.D, alias Dr Phil. He doesn’t think too kindly of gurus. His view is that ordinary people need help with their everyday problems, and all gurus do is talk a lot of psychobabble about “inner this” and “inner that”. According to him there is a gimmicky self-improvement industry which allows people to have more excuses not to do anything to really improve their lives. The result is more distraction and more problems.
I got up at half past three this morning to open some windows and the front door to air the house. It get rather hot under a tin roof, almost + 30 degrees C. The forecast for today is + 28, so I suppose I’ll do some more reading today.
.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti
Kiitos ihanista kommenteistanne. ❤️🖤 ♥ ♥ ♥
Blogissa on moderointi.
Julkaisen kommentit heti kun olen lukenut ne, mutta iltaisin en ole netissä.
Poistun noin kello 16 ja palaan aamulla.
🌺 🌸 💕 🌿 🍎 🍏
❤️ 💜 🩷 💚 🧡 🤎 💛 🩶 🩵 💙
🙂 😀 😎 🤔 😊