Sunday, July 23, 2006

MY SUMMER JOB

.
It has been a great different couple of weeks. I was supposed to have a three-week holiday, but was offered a two-week summer job at the British Embassy. Teaching English at the British Embassy; the height of my career? Hah hah - hardly. I tutored a 13-year old French girl who was visiting the Ambassador's children. They have all lived in Paris, so they spoke French with the girl.




I had to identify myself at the gate before I could get in. Security, you understand. It must have taken me several minutes to get in and out of the residence where we had the classes. Once the guards okayed my access, I had to get past the lawn sprinker without getting wet, walk (or run) to the front door, ring the doorbell, and wait for someone from the kitchen staff to come and let me in. Once I was in, the rest was easy.

A wonderful opportunity for me to brush up my French these past two weeks. Although my student was quite advanced in English, I did need French a few times during the sessions, which I found truly enjoyable. She was motivated and talkative and we had fun.

Another fun thing about that summer job was that since I went to the centre from Northern Helsinki where I live, I could pretend I was a tourist. I enjoyed the international atmosphere and took pictures of monuments and parks streetlife. (If you scroll down you'll see what I mean.)

And now I begin my real holiday week. It can't be better than the two weeks I've just had, now can it?
.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:41 pm

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:55 pm

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:28 am

    I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:34 pm

    Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Ilahdun kommenteista ja pyrin vastaamaan kaikkiin.

Kello 16 - 17 jälkeen en tavallisesti ole paikalla, mutta aamulla sitten taas.

Sana on vapaa, hyvät blogikaverit :)